Friday, July 15, 2011

What's up with Chris Brown?

I am not sure how many of you are still Chris Brown fans after his drop from fame after the Rhianna situation.  Let me preface this by saying that I enjoyed listening to Chris Brown's music.  I wanted him to be very successful.  Being from a small town myself, I know how hard it is to make it in a huge industry like music.  I am disappointed that he has taken a turn as a bad boy.  Lately since his return to the mainstream, his music is starting to surface with a lot of cursing and vulgarity in it.  I am not a big fan of curing and dirty music, I like good melodies, harmonies, and beats.  I don't see the need for Chris Brown to change, I feel like he is perpetuating everything the media dubbed him as when he physically assaulted Rhianna.  He adamantly defended his character when all this broke out that he was not a violent person, he was good, he made a mistake.  I don't judge the man, I don't know him at all, just what I see on the TV and radio.  He needs to remember this when making his music.  "Deuces", I like, I dig the beat and the melody.  I can do without the cursing, the darkness.  He has a couple of other songs that he collaborates on and the drops the MF's, F bombs, etc.
I hope I am not the only one who feels this way.  I just don't like to see people, especially brothas, perpetuating stereotypes that are forced on them by the media.  Be true to who you are, if that is you, where was it before the Rhianna incident.  If it isn't you and you are just trying to fit this mold now, "STOP"!!!

Listen to these songs and you will see.
Yeah 3x (Explicit Version)Yeah 3x (Clean Version)F.A.M.E. [Explicit]F.A.M.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment